- Exclusive key control – Box cannot see the customer’s keys or read or copy them.
- Unchangeable audit logs – Customers retain exclusive control over key usage logs.
- It preserves cloud benefits – It allows for easy access across devices, frictionless sharing and file preview.
- There are no keys or files that can be decrypted. All encryption and decryption takes place in memory.
- Transparency in data access – Customers have more control over their data, and greater transparency into how keys protecting their data are used.
Box stated that the EDM solution will be made available this spring and will be priced separately from the company’s core products. These products are centered on a software platform that facilitates content collaboration.